Wednesday, May 4, 2016

“I have been asked what I mean by ‘word of honor’ I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls--walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground--there is a  possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand men on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first.”
-Karl G. Maeser

This is a really long quote that also has a big meaning behind it. It shows that words of honors are like promises. Words of honors are like promises because they are things that you should never break and always keep. This shows how words of honor are really important. An example of this quote would be giving your word of honor that you won’t cheat. Giving your word of honor means that you’ll do what you say. So if you say you won’t cheat and give your word of honor you have to keep your words. You should never break them. People who choose the right are those that give their words of honor and keep it. They keep their words while people who choose the wrong don’t keep their word of honor and are instead breaking it which is like breaking a promise. Overall, this quote shows how keeping your word of honor is very important. It is basically a promise and is something that you should never break.

No comments:

Post a Comment